History of Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart is a Catholic Voluntary Aided School. It was originally situated on Crabtree Road in Thornton and was first opened for pupils in September 1898. The present school was built in the 1980's and since then has had two extra classrooms built to facilitate the rising numbers.

Sacred Heart School history

In recent years we have had a number of additions to the building. Major extension to our Key Stage One Department. We are delighted to have a dedicated room on site for the Pre-School. Sacred Heart School has a major place in the hearts of the local community. Many generations of some families have attended our school. Plus we welcome many new families.